Our Contact Details
Full name Thatcham Kitchen Designs Ltd
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: 44 The Broadway Thatcham Berkshire RG19 3HP
Telephone number: 01635 863853
At Thatcham Kitchen Designs Ltd we take the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website very seriously. Maintaining the security of your data is our priority . We are committed to respecting your privacy rights. Thatcham Kitchen Designs Ltd are committed to being transparent at all times about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at email@example.com Thatcham Kitchen Designs will be the “Data Controller”, we may sometimes refer to ourselves as “we” or us” in this policy.
This policy, which was last updated on 25th May 2018, applies when you visit our website www.thatchamkitchendesigns.co.uk,or visit our showroom, it provides you with information about
- how we use your data
- what personal data we collect
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained
- your legal rights relating to your personal data
In line with changes to the UK data protection privacy law, The General Data Protecrion Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on May 25th 2018. The GDPR will give more rights and protection on how your personal data is used or stored.
What data do we collect about you, for what purpose and on what ground we process it?
- Your name
- Your postal address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
We need your name, postal address, postcode, phone number and email address so we can
- Send out a brochure
- Arrange a survey appointment
- Send a quotation
- Send an invoice or receipt
- Form a contractural agreement
- Arrange for kitchen fitting with our installation team
- Arrange the delivery of goods or services
Communication Data includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through
- The contact form on our website
- Through contact by visiting our showroom
- Through email
- Social media messaging
- Social media posting
- or any other communication that you send us
We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims.
Our grounds for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as
- Your name
- Billing address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Contact details
We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful grounds for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
User Data that includes data about how you use our
- website and any online services
- any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services.
We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain backups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful grounds for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services
- such as your IP address
- details about your browser
- length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths,
- details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website
The source of this data is from our analytics tracking systems. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide on our marketing strategy.
Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences
- in receiving marketing from us
- and your communication preferences
We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide on our marketing strategy
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your brochures/arrange delivery of gods and services
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Thatcham Kitchen Designs Ltd in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes. We will only disclose any information you provide to us if you consent to us doing so. We will not pass on your details for marketing purposes to other companies.
We have put in place technical security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, including warranty periods, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements. By law we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers for tax purposes.
Your Legal Rights
You have the
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact us on 01635 863853
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling – rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights please contact us
- call the showroom 01635 863853
- by post: Thatcham Kitchen Designs Ltd.
44 The Broadway, Thatcham, Berkshire RG19 3HP
The following cookies are used on our website:
_ga, _gid, _gat
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website.
Cookie Consent: The cookie tool on this website remembers your privacy settings for the next time you visit the website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.